downloaded video has no audio
Matthias Apitz
2016-05-02 10:48:59 UTC
Hello,

There is a video at YT about how to repair/change the LCP of a Dell M4400
laptop and because mine seems to fail shortly, I wanted to download it
for the day-after with

$ youtube-dl

$ youtube-dl -v
[debug] System config: []
[debug] User config: []
[debug] Command-line args: [u'-v']
[debug] Encodings: locale UTF-8, fs UTF-8, out UTF-8, pref UTF-8
[debug] youtube-dl version 2015.12.29
[debug] Python version 2.7.11 - FreeBSD-11.0-CURRENT-amd64-64bit-ELF
[debug] exe versions: ffmpeg 2.8.4, ffprobe 2.8.4, rtmpdump 2.4

but the downloaded file has no audio, while it plays fine with FF (no
flash).

Any ideas?

matthias
--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ ***@unixarea.de, ⌂ http://www.unixarea.de/ ☎ +49-176-38902045
¡Dios querido denos otra vez los problemas de ayer, los que tuvimos en la RDA!
My Lord, give us back the problems of yesterday, those we have had in the GDR.
Stefan Ehmann
2016-05-02 21:19:35 UTC
$ youtube-dl http://youtu.be/Uj80suVoTCg
$ youtube-dl -v
[debug] System config: []
[debug] User config: []
[debug] Command-line args: [u'-v']
[debug] Encodings: locale UTF-8, fs UTF-8, out UTF-8, pref UTF-8
[debug] youtube-dl version 2015.12.29
[debug] Python version 2.7.11 - FreeBSD-11.0-CURRENT-amd64-64bit-ELF
[debug] exe versions: ffmpeg 2.8.4, ffprobe 2.8.4, rtmpdump 2.4
but the downloaded file has no audio, while it plays fine with FF (no
flash).
Any ideas?
Works here. Try to update your youtube_dl port.
If that doesn't help, try to select another format using -F/-f.